Salary ranges between R28 000 – R32 000
• Masters qualification in Pharmacy
• Must be registered with the South African Pharmacy Council
• Must be well versed with medical aid requirements
• Unisolv experience
• Previous hospital and/or retail experience
• Implement and maintain pharmaceutical evaluation of Hospital In-patients as per Hospital Clinical ward round specifications, with special care to geriatrics, paediatric, neonates, ICU and High Care patients.
• Implementation and maintenance of an Antibiotic Stewardship Programme within the Hospital environment
• Mentor staff in training with coordinating of In-services, Clinical presentations and Continuing Education of pharmacists, pharmacy staff.
• Keep all staff informed and up-to-date with new developments in the field.
• Advising and interacting with internal physicians on drug therapy, inherent toxicity of drugs and side effects, appropriate dosing and patient care plans or outcomes
• Development and implementation of quality improvement programmes in areas of clinical significance, e.g. medication errors
• Participation in evidence-based research to guide best practice
• Compilation and formalisation of research findings in the form of abstracts and conference presentations
• Being instrumental in monitoring and reducing Price Per Event within the Hospital environment
• Communication within the hospital community and handling of queries
• Keep updated with new developments in pharmaceutical field
• Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including , re-ordering of stock , maintaining dedicated stock areas for organisation and expiry dates , conducting cyclical and full stock takes
• Related administrative and house-keeping tasks
• Dispensing of Prescriptions – Hospital (includes Chemotherapy & Total Parenteral Nutrition advice and supply) and Retail.
How to apply:
Email your fully detailed and up to date CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org along with copies of your documents and details of contactable references.
If you are not contacted within 14 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.