FITTER INTERNAL/EXTERNAL –DIAMOND MINING
SALARY – MARKET RELATED
The incumbent will be responsible to maintain equipment according to sound engineering practices and equipment specifications.
- Qualified Fitter with Trade Certificate at recognized /accredited institution
- Valid drivers’ license (EB/08)
- Minimum of 2 years’ post trade test experience as a Fitter
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on Cone crusher maintenance
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily inspection of the plant equipment, maintenance of screens, feeders, crushers, conveyors and related equipment
- Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to supervisor
- Communicate with supervisors on maintenance activities performed and re-start of equipment
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and Company standards
- Develop, modify, construct and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure
- Work according to the Mine’s Code of Practice, and report any observations of this not being done
- Ensure personal and co-workers’ adherence and compliance to Security and Company’s SHE objectives
- Work overtime, do standby and be available for call-outs should the need arise
Other Skills / Competencies
- Ability to communicate in English (written & verbal) and one other official language
- Pass Vienna Assessment (Level 2) – (test to be done on mine)
- Independent, proactive thinking and have the ability to do own job planning
Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates.
Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process.
Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview.
Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within the area (proof of residence may be requested).
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your fully detailed and up to date CV in MS word format –– to email@example.com
Salary (pay slip)
Copy of ID
Copies of qualifications
2 x contactable references
Please use the Job title and your name in the subject line of your application.
If you have not been contacted within 14 working days please consider your application unsuitable for the position for which you have applied.