Medical Liaison and Implementation Support Manager
R40 000 – R70 000 per month negotiable
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent desirable.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing is desirable
Knowledge, skills and experience required for the job
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Five or more years’ experience in nursing
- Five or more years’ experience in Occupational Health Nursing in a chemical manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Occupational Health service management systems
- Detailed knowledge of occupational health auditing and quality management processes
- Detailed knowledge of the laws, regulations and standards governing health and safety for employees.
- Detailed knowledge in the principles and action of epidemiology, safety, industrial hygiene, wellness and behavioural change theory.
- Detailed knowledge of toxicology, health promotion, lifestyle risk factors and ergonomics, especially as related to the occupational environments is essential. Specific training in physical skills assessment and in the theory and implementation of specific medical testing is expected. Certification in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry is desirable. Breath Alcohol testing certification is desirable.
- Assisting the Director, Health Services in the implementation of the health services strategy, and the setup of services.
- General liaison between the director of health care services, and the service provider/s to ensure communication flows effectively in both directions, and that actions agreed are implemented
- Liaison with other role players in the health care environment as appropriate such as external health care facilities and services, employee groups, and providers
- Liaison with the government services on health service issues
- Participate in the development and implementation of Health Services Operating Discipline, management systems, programs and plans as assigned. Assists the Medical Director in coordinating the review and providing health services related input to company guidelines, standards and programs. Recommends improvements and proposes solutions to health services issues.
- Assists the Health Director in developing the Health Assessment Program plan for assigned employee groups, using the Health Services Operating Discipline. This assistance includes participation with the service provider in order to provide input and assure quality in the evaluation of facility or department chemical and physical agent hazards, exposure information and regulatory and standards to determine the specific testing and frequency needed for employees in the group. This process is done with the support of the Industrial Hygiene delivery technician with administrative support from the Health Director.
- Is an expert user and consultant on Occupational Health module in SAP.
- training and on-going support to the service provider in the application of the occupational health management systems,
- Assist with quality assurance, through formal and informal auditing of the services in respect of quality and performance against the service level agreement/s, closing out of gaps and corrective actions, responsiveness to issues, management of medical records, and ensuring data capture is done to the required standard,
- Has knowledge of the Employee Assistance Program.
- Medical Review Board (MRB) Participation. A MRB may be requested by the Occupational Health Nurse to address complex or difficult medical, job or personal issues complicating the management of a case. (MRB’s may also be called by HR, Legal or Supervision.) The nurse will then contribute Health Services expertise to the MRB as it develops a strategy and will implement the specific steps identified for Health Services by that strategy
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your fully detailed and up to date CV in MS word format –– to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary (pay slip)
Copy of ID
Copies of qualifications
2 x contactable references
Please use the Job title and your name in the subject line of your application
If you have not been contacted within 14 working days please consider your application unsuitable for the position for which you have applied.