LIVE IN SCHOOL MATRON
MARKET RELATED SALARY
- The post requires someone with experience as a Matron, with experience as a live-in matron.
- First Aid training is required.
- The candidate must be fit and active.
- Be able to deal with, and actually like, young boys/men, and their parents, and have good common sense and be able to use their initiative.
- Sufficient sensitivity to show tact and diplomacy … and a sense of humour and even temper are essential.
- Flexible hours and be prepared to be disturbed during the evenings at times.
- Office administrative experience.
- Purpose of the Job
- The physical care of the pupils.
- Dealing with lost property.
- Laundry administration, sorting and ad hoc mending.
- Providing an adult presence during agreed hours and cover emergencies.
- Preparedness to give emotional support to pupils.
- Liaison with Housemaster and House staff on matters to do with the House.
- Assistance in the smooth running of the House.
- Laundry and Linen Room.
- Sickbay coordination and provision of first line medical assessment.
- Supervision of standard of work of the cleaners. Liaison with the Cleaning Supervisor regarding any changes to cleaning duties or other cleaning issues.
- Providing adult cover and residential cover as required.
- A listener to pupils and responsibility for telephone when required.
- Observation and actioning of maintenance needs within the House.
- Supervision of pupils taking medication.
- Personal hygiene of pupils.
- Tasks of the Job
- Available to pupils for their needs at reasonable hours.
- Primary medical care dispensed from the sick bay at regular and irregular times.
- Provision of cover and supervision of pupils if needed.
- Attendance and support of official functions and parties.
- Response to the telephone, fax, door etc. during specified hours.
- Determining the fitness of a pupil for school or sport in liaison with the Health Professionals.
- Arrange medical and dental appointments as appropriate and accompany pupils when necessary.
- Maintain sick bay contents and records.
- Contributing to the supervision of pupil tidiness.
- Ensure pupils follow routine as appropriate, i.e. rising, meals, showers, as appropriate to the age of the pupil.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your fully detailed and up to date CV in MS word format –– to email@example.com
Salary (pay slip)
Copy of ID
Copies of qualifications
2 x contactable references
Please use the Job title and your name in the subject line of your application
If you have not been contacted within 14 working days please consider your application unsuitable for the position for which you have applied